Our emergency and critical care veterinarians provide expertise in treating life-threatening conditions and providing intensive supportive care to our hospitalized patients. Our team is dedicated to delivering the highest quality of medical care for the benefit of our patients, their families, and local primary care veterinarians 24-hours a day.
Our goal is to stabilize, diagnose and treat a pet’s emergency needs. We also provide 24-hour ongoing care for critically ill patients. The team in critical care works along with other specialists and your primary care veterinarian to provide comprehensive care. Our ER capabilities include emergency surgery, ventilator support, blood pressure, ECG and oxygenation monitoring, blood and blood product transfusions and the ability to run a variety of blood work in house. Our promise is to treat pets as if they were our own and our clients as if they were family and friends. We look forward to serving you and your clients.
Emergency care involves stabilizing the patient and may include placing intravenous catheters, administering IV fluids, pain medications, oxygen therapy and sometimes blood or plasma transfusions. Our in-house laboratory, radiology and ultrasound capabilities enable us to get crucial diagnostic information very quickly. Our blood bank program guarantees that our canine and feline patients have access to a safe and adequate blood supply. Additional surgeons and veterinary specialists are on call should the need arise. The Pet Emergency Room is an integral part of the Southeast Veterinary Referral Center (SVRC) providing the essential 24/7 critical care for the hospitalized patients.
- Emergency Care: The Pet Emergency Room is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our staff includes critical care experienced veterinarians and veterinary technicians ready to help you with your pet emergency and hospitalization needs. Our ER capabilities include emergency surgery, CT Scan, oxygen cages, video endoscopy for foreign body removal, tetanus and snakebite antitoxins and more. A 24/7 cardiology consultation service is used to enhance the radiographic interpretation on difficult cases.
- Surgical Services: Our state-of-the-art facilities allow us to offer you a variety of routine, emergency, pre-scheduled procedures. We also have board-certified veterinary surgeons on staff 24/7.
- Anesthesia: The Pet Emergency Room has on-site, digital X-ray equipment for the quickest diagnosis so we can get your pet the immediate care he or she needs.
- Toxin Exposure: Our emergency clinicians have the ability to consult with the best toxicology service in the country to investigate and treat any possible toxins your pets may have ingested.
- Laboratory: The Pet Emergency Room’s in-house laboratory allows us to perform tests such as serum chemistry, hematology, coagulation profiles, blood typing, cross matches, blood gas analysis, urinalysis and parasite testing for viruses like parvovirus and parasites; and of course we partner with other laboratories for specialized diagnostics and consultations when needed.
- Ultrasound Services: Our state of the art ultrasound equipment helps us diagnose many of our patients’ ailments in a fast and non-invasive. We recently acquired the latest GE S8 ultrasound equipment to provide routine and emergency ultrasounds to help diagnose many conditions like uterine infections (pyometra), intestinal foreign bodies, pancreatitis, abdominal cancer and others in a non-invasive manner.